… lots and lots of basil! and, consequently, time to make some yummy pesto.
Basil & Walnut Pesto
- 5-6 cups fresh basil leaves (basil is traditional– also try interesting and nutritious variations using other leafy greens like arugula, spinach, chard, etc.)
- 1 cup walnuts (pine nuts are traditional– vary using other nuts like pecans, cashews, macadamia nuts, etc.)
- 4-5 cloves garlic (optional– I love garlic. not everyone does.)
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano or parmesan
- enough good olive oil to reach desired consistency
Blend in food processor.
4 Replies to “Fresh basil pesto”
New idea!! Photo cookbooks. I’d totally be able to cook by photo..less pressure and more appetizing than that list of measurements and ingredients!!! You’d be great at this
I’m collecting a cool list of people who actually look at this thing and, on occasion, respond with awesome ideas. you’re on it. obvs. :)
Yea Using walnuts instead of pine nuts Yum
yes! much more economical and very tasty. :)