… lots and lots of basil! and, consequently, time to make some yummy pesto.
Basil & Walnut Pesto
- 5-6 cups fresh basil leaves (basil is traditional– also try interesting and nutritious variations using other leafy greens like arugula, spinach, chard, etc.)
- 1 cup walnuts (pine nuts are traditional– vary using other nuts like pecans, cashews, macadamia nuts, etc.)
- 4-5 cloves garlic (optional– I love garlic. not everyone does.)
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano or parmesan
- enough good olive oil to reach desired consistency
Blend in food processor.